The growing use of prebiotics is majorly seen in the dairy industry to provide health benefits. Inulin and fructo-oligosaccharide (FOS) are major ingredients in prebiotics. There are growing technological advancements in the innovation and development of inulin as well as oligosaccharides which are expected to take the place of sugar in foods. The business strategies and trends in the prebiotics industry are expected to be in favor of the expansion of the use of probiotics in foods and beverages which will augment the growth of the target audience using prebiotics.
Existing Business Strategies Impacting The Prebiotics Market
- There is a growth in the demand for prebiotic supplements along with a rise in the consumer perception towards fiber-rich foods and enzyme-friendly foods which are further expected to govern the prebiotics market trends over the coming few years.
- The European market is witnessing a rise in the cultivation of natural prebiotics in dietary products which is augmenting the marketing as well as operational strategies of the prebiotic market across the globe.
- Hence, the production base is huge and manufacturers are strategizing the introduction of starch manufacturers. Major players such as Cargill Foods, ADM, and Beneo located in regions of North America and Europe are predicted to supplement the apparent rise of prebiotics demand found domestically.
Trends In The Prebiotics Market
- As an emerging trend, there is a rise in the internal Research and Development in organizations which helps industrialists to come up with affordable, environment-friendly and healthy options in prebiotics for end-users. Innovations are being made alongside marketing strategies to have a growing acceptance among the consumers to pay a higher margin for prebiotic-rich food and beauty products. This has compelled manufacturers and industrialists to optimize marketing campaigns which foster health management BCC (Behavior Change Campaign) in the target audiences of developed as well as developing regions.
- Prebiotics as a substance is finding applications to enhance the nutrient content, texture, as well as the taste factor of food without adding any sugar content. As a substantial trend, the manufacturers are also catering to the growing concerns over a rise in the sugar-related diseases which is driving the demand for prebiotics.
- Companies are also indulging in strategic expansions, mergers & acquisitions and development of new product development activities to tap the growing weight-related concerns of the target audience. Further, in order to introduce innovative food & beverage products which successfully promote weight loss (such as KETO diet), prebiotics is formulated to foster calorie reduction, control, and regulation of metabolism, as well as capping fat levels in the body.
Prebiotic ingredients such as Inulin and fructo-oligosaccharide find applications in products aimed at providing low-calorie sweetening agents. They propel the overall growth of the prebiotic sector. Manufacturers are pairing internal testing departments and marketing agencies to increase awareness about prebiotics, healthy eating habits, as well as for foods which foster digestive regulatory properties. Packaging, advertisements, selling approach, and pricing is accordingly being altered to enhance the appeal and buying capacity of prebiotic food and beauty products.