Living abroad has always allured people in the world far and wide, but people are often oblivious to the requirements to reside in foreign countries. Britain has many visa applicants due to its educational and professional avenues, but there is much more to it than we are aware of. The United Kingdom has opened its doors to one such country, making their arrival in the UK easier than before; Honk Kong. The BNO visa enables citizens of Hong Kong to seek permission to stay for two to five years in the United Kingdom. Due to the extradition law, the BNO visa scheme was revised in 2021 to the china- honk clash. British Connections has helped people living abroad to explore opportunities in the UK with utmost ease.
Categories To Be Eligible For A British National Overseas Visa
- The person must be a British national residing in hong kong.
- They must be above 18 years.
- They are required to show proof of their financial status that guarantees that they can reside comfortably in the UK with their family members for a minimum of 6 months.
- Certificate of a tuberculosis test.
Features Of The BNO
- The BNO status cannot be passed on to the next of kin.
- The family members must apply at the same time as you to get a BNO visa.
- In exception cases wherein a person may have a new relationship after applying for the BNO visa, the family members may apply for it later.
- The BNO visa permits nationals to pursue education and a profession in the UK.
- Children of the BNO visa holder will be allowed to study in the UK.
- The person is not eligible for welfare benefits offered by the United Kingdom.
- You can apply for a visa even if your British National Overseas passport is expired.
- After completing five years in the UK and one additional year, you can apply for British citizenship as long as you fulfil certain requirements.
Getting a visa can be a long and dreary process. It requires multiple documents, trips to the embassies, and whatnot. However, with this new initiative introduced in January 2021, the United Kingdom has welcomed people from foreign lands with open arms. British citizens in Hong Kong can explore consultation for bno visa requirements before applying for one to avoid any confusion during the official procedures. The BNO visa has brought the UK and South East Asia one step closer to each other.