If you are researching pre-paid funerals, you already know the main advantage of planning and paying ahead: saving the family during a difficult time from the stress of making funeral arrangements. The other surprising benefits which come with pre-paid funeral plans are what you may not know.
- Comfort and healing can be the focus of your loved ones. Naturally, the days immediately following a death are a tough time, filled with increased emotions and stress. A pre-paid funeral plan is like your loved ones giving you a final gift. You free your loved ones from needing to create decisions about things like casket type, cemetery property, catering, and more by arranging the details of burial, funeral, memorial, or celebration of life ahead of time. They have enough time and energy to spend with relatives and friends when they don’t have to guess what you would like or worry about spending too much or too little.
- You reduce conflicts between members of the family. For a loved one who has passed, it’s not uncommon for family members to want different things. Even if you share your desires with your direct family, if you have not written them down, they may have challenges remembering what they were. Your sister may insist that you tell her that you wanted to be buried in your parents’ cemetery, while your son remembers a conversation in which you said you preferred to be cremated. You eliminate confusion when you make final arrangements in advance and help direct family members avoid disagreements that may cause more stress at an already stressful time.
- Your family doesn’t need to fret regarding funeral funds. Without a pre-paid funeral plan, when services are performed, funeral costs are payable. That means money or a personal line of credit. For many families, either one can be a stretch. What’s more, it’s apparent for family members to want the best for each other so they can put pressure on each other and themselves to spend more than you’d like them to.
- On many things, you lock in prices. Financial considerations include some of the most significant advantages of pre-paid funeral plans. Funding your funeral plan in advance provides security against rising costs by allowing you to lock in prices on certain items. That means your loved ones will not have to pay more, even if the price goes up.
- The provider can bring you home if you pass away while traveling. If your death happens when you are more than 75 miles away from your permanent residence, a pre-paid funeral plan from a reliable provider can include transport to the funeral home of your choice. This option is something you may want to consider if you’re a frequent traveler.
Now that all the advantages are known to you, what are you waiting for? Get in touch, and your chosen reliable provider of pre-paid funeral plans will help you document your desires, discuss expenses, and answer any queries you have.